Wednesday, May 24, 2017

First Grade Finales

Jackson's days as a first grader are drawing to a close. First grade has been an amazing year and I'm so sad to see it go. 

Last week I took advantage of one last opportunity to have lunch with this fabulous first grader. Surprising him with my presence and a favorite lunch earns me 30 minutes of his affection and adoration. Also known as: priceless


Just a couple of days later was Field Day. Justin was able to be there and filled me in on all the fun.









It was a busy day because later that afternoon his class celebrated the summer birthdays! Justin tagged me in for this one to celebrate with the almost 7 year old.

Jackson's teacher is brilliant! Parties are celebrated outside on the playground, just before recess. So all the cake crumbs get wiped on the ground and then the kids get to run off all the sugar!


When it was time for me to go back to work, I leaned down to give him a hug and he threw his arms and legs around me monkey style so, of course, I scooped him up and gave him a giant hug. Even right there in that moment, I knew to stop and savor it. I'm certain the days of him unabashedly jumping into my arms for a big hug in front of all of his friends are numbered. I'll hold on as long as he lets me!

No comments:

Post a Comment