Saturday, April 8, 2017

Mommy & Ben

While the big boys were at Camp Bovay, Benny and I got to spend about 24 hours together, just the two of us!

On Saturday morning, he woke up after the big boys had already left so he was a little confused about where everyone else was. He kept asking "Dada? Andwew? Jack-Jack? Dada?" We had a quiet little breakfast, then he and I went to a toddler play group. He had a blast moving from one activity to the next and having mom's undivided attention. Honestly, I think he was a little weirded out by all of the undivided attention!



We went home for lunch and nap time. Everything is so easy when it's just one kid! Later we ran a few errands then met up with Amber and kiddos in the evening for a picnic at the park.







He crashed quickly after a solo bath (again, he wasn't sure what to make of this since he's used to a tub full of brothers) and then I had the couch all to myself. I watched a chick movie, blogged a little, took a bath then enjoyed having the whole king size bed to myself. I mean, I missed Justin and all, but sometimes it's nice to just have a little alone time!

The next morning, my little buddy awoke again with the questions of "Dada? Andwew? Jack-Jack?Dada?" He was a bit more persistent on Day 2 than he was on Day 1, as if he knew that something must really be up if they were still not here. So you can imagine his delight when he and I returned from church and were greeted by his three favorite guys! The reunion scene looked something like this... =)


No comments:

Post a Comment