Tuesday, March 21, 2017

While Mom's Away

The kiddos kicked off their Spring Break with a few days with Nana (and Daddy) while I was gone on a work trip to San Antonio. As usual, they didn't miss me at all. They were having too much fun with Nana!





They even had a snack dinner picnic while watching Trolls! Like I said, no tears were shed over mom being gone.

Meanwhile, no trip to San Antonio is complete without the requisite stop at the Alamo!

It was a really good conference and I enjoyed down time in the evenings with colleagues and not cooking or cleaning and only feeding/bathing/dressing myself for 3 whole days!

But perhaps the highlight of my conference experience was meeting my buddy, Zeus! A pet therapy group brought in some dogs for one of our breaks in the exhibit hall and I was a big fan. He was so smart and fluffy. I tried to convince my colleagues to create a diversion so I could whisk Zeus away, but for some reason they declined.  #weneedadog #someoneconvincejustin

They may not have missed me, but by the end of the 2nd day I was missing my boys. We were all very happy to be reunited! I'm going to have a hard time topping the souvenirs I brought them--cork pop guns! Oh boy!

A mere 16 hours later, and we were all off on our family Spring Break adventure! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment