Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekend Recap

We kicked off our weekend on Friday night with a picnic in the living room while we watched the Olympics. The boys love what they call "snack dinner" and Justin and I love it because it requires absolutely no cooking. Simply gather a variety of crackers, cheese, deli meat, raw veggies, dips and some fruit and throw it on a tray. Dinner is served and everyone is happy!




On Saturday morning, the big boys went to Lowes for the kids workshop. The current series is The Avengers and on this morning, they made the Black Widow. Hey whatever gets them excited, right?

While the big boys were at Lowes, Ben and I went to Hob Lob for supplies for a project I was excited to tackle. I have hated the valance window treatments hanging in our loft area since we toured the house. But it's not an area I spend a ton of time in, the large window requires a custom size, and we haven't quite figured out what we want to do with the space. So I basically just let it go for three years. Then, I found a tutorial on my friend, Katy's blog for DIY window cornices. Perfect solution. So while Ben napped and the big boys played upstairs, I created these fabric cornices for the window with a $15 sheet of foam insulation, hot glue, fabric, and straight pins. The selling point for me was if/when we decide to do something different in the room, the fabric is easily replaceable (it is just pinned on) so I can swap it out for something else with really minimal effort and expense. I'm so pleased with how they turned out! And If you want to try this project for yourself, I still have enough foam board for about 8 more windows so let me know and I'll hook you up. =)


When Ben was awake, we were all encouraging him to practice his emerging walking skills! He took as many as 3 steps at a time this weekend. He's so close to taking off!

We ended the weekend with sweet brothers in matching pajamas. There is just simply nothing cuter!


We have two busy busy busy weeks ahead so this leisurely weekend was just what we needed!

2 comments:

  1. The window looks great! It's the best project ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me about it during your home tour! Just don't look at the back side of them! =P

      Delete