Thursday, May 26, 2016

May is a Busy Month

We've discovered that May means about a dozen school activities, and I believe we've visited Jackson's school a couple of times each week this month! Mom's Day, Dad's Day, Field Trips, end of year programs and more. 

Since Jackson has a summer birthday, he got to celebrate his birthday at school a little early last week, complete with the singing of Happy Birthday by all of his friends.

And cupcakes, of course!

The very next day was Field Day and Justin got to go to this one. When I was a kid, I remember a much more formal field day with events like the 50 meter dash, 100 meter dash and standing long jump. Also known as: Meredith's least favorite day of the year....I was not athletically inclined and didn't like to get sweaty so me and Field Day weren't friends. But Jackson's field day actually looked like a blast!

Check out this happy kid!






If Field Day in 1989 consisted of sponge races, water balloon toss, three legged race, and sack races, I might not have feigned illness to avoid participating!

No comments:

Post a Comment