Wednesday, March 2, 2016

When Did he Get so Helpful?

Jackson has been eager to help in the kitchen since he was about this big....

But in the past few months he has truly become helpful! I've always loved having him hang out with me while I cook, but lately he actually speeds up the process rather than impede it. He finds ingredients in the fridge/pantry, uses the can opener to open cans and pour them in, cracks eggs, and since his primary chore is to unload the dishwasher, he knows where we keep everything in the kitchen and can find them for me quickly.


He's also very helpful with Benjamin. He entertains him well and now that Ben is mobile, he's actually strong enough to pick Ben up out of trouble and gently put him back on his blanket.

Watching him grow is bittersweet, but I have to say, having a big kid around the house is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment