Sunday, December 27, 2015

Alfie's Grand Farewell

On Christmas Eve morning, Alfie was waiting on the tree with a letter for the boys...


Dear Jackson, Andrew & Benjamin,
What a fun few weeks we have had together! Once I fly back to the North Pole, I spend the rest of the year remembering all of the fun activities and looking forward to the next year. I definitely have the BEST family!

Tomorrow is Christmas Day! As much fun as my visit has been and as much fun as tomorrow morning will be, I hope that you remember the true reason for all the fun. Christmas is Jesus birthday! Jesus was the greatest gift ever given, and he loves you more than anyone in the whole worldeven more than your mommy and daddy (and they love you a whole lot!) Show God how thankful you are for sending his son by being kind and generous all year long.

Today is my last day with you. When you wake up tomorrow, I will be gone but there will be presents from Santa! Since its my last day and tonight I will fly back to the North Pole in Santas sleigh, I wont need magic to fly. So you know what that means! Today you can touch me, hug me, and play with me. Before you go to bed tonight just put me by the Christmas tree so Santa can find me when he comes to visit your house!

I remembered how much you enjoyed my treasure hunt last year and I couldnt let you down. I hope you have your thinking cap on because there are clues hidden all over the house that will lead you to a special gift from me!

I cant wait to see you next year!

Love,
Alfie

Also in his hand was the first clue...

Clue #1
Weve enjoyed looking at lights and the houses all aglow.
For your first clue, look in the room thats yellow!
The first clue was found in the playroom! This one was a little tough because the room is so full of stuff!

Clue #2
Santa carries all the toys in his big red sack.
Look for the next clue where you can find a snack!
Andrew found this one! I wasn't surprised...he's always going to the pantry and picking out snacks!

Clue #3
Youve seen Santa and told him your wish,
for your next clue,  just visit your fish! 
Jackson was surprised Alfie had been able to sneak into their room while they were sleeping to hide the clue on top of the aquarium! That Alfie is very sneaky!

Clue #4
Still no present? You better rush!
Check the roomthat makes the flush!

Clue #5
If you want your next clue, you dont have to go far.
Look in your seat where you ride in the car!

Clue #6
If you like these clues, dont worry we have more!
Look where you go to do your chore!
Jackson's chore is to unload the dishwasher. He thought this one was really funny.

Clue #7
Ive had a lot of fun on this treasure hunt with Drew and Jack,
For your last clue check in your backpack!
Andrew found the clue in his backpack!

Clue #8
The last 23 days sure have been grand!
Your present is waiting outside near the sand!

After finding the box out by the sandbox, we brought it in and they found our Night Before Christmas Book and The Snowman Movie. They didn't even care there was nothing "new" in the box. They just had fun on the hunt and finding things they had forgotten about.

Alfie got to go on all of the day's adventures and was very well-loved. The boys were a little sad to say goodbye at the end of the night but gave him some big hugs to last for the next 11 months.


Thank you for all of the smiles, giggles and Christmas magic Alfie! We will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment