Thursday, October 22, 2015

Lunch with Jackson

This week Benjamin and I surprised Jackson by coming to have lunch with him at school. 

Jackson was delighted. When he walked through the cafeteria doors and saw me waiting, his little face just lit up. He skipped over to me and enveloped me in a giant hug and gave me a kiss. Throughout our lunch he talked my ear off about everything that had happened that day and said multiple times "I'm so glad you are here, mommy!" When he realized we had just a few minutes left he threw his arms around me and said "Let's snuggle!" and sat in my lap and hugged me until the time was up. When his class was called to leave, he insisted on holding my hand until the last possible second. 

I just want to bottle up everything about those 30 minutes. I know in just a couple of years my presence at his school (and let's be real, in general) will be met with a cooler excitement which will next be replaced by indifference and eventually eye rolls.  

Oh please, time slow down.


2 comments:

  1. Radley's eyes still light up, he still holds my hand and he even lets me kiss him. You'll be surprised by how much those boys need and want their momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy so you're saying I've got at least 2 years left? =)

    ReplyDelete