Friday, October 23, 2015

Benjamin is 1 Month!

Benjamin is one month old! How can it be?! Fastest month ever!

He's doing awesome! He's chunking up quite nicely and I know he's grown several inches because the newborn clothes don't fit him anymore in the length (as well as the width). We moved him into size 1 diapers about a week ago, and I would estimate that he weighs about 11 pounds. 


All that growth doesn't happen by accident! Benjamin is a great eater. He nurses at least every two hours during the day, and enjoys an all-night buffet since we co-sleep after he wakes up around 2 or so. He still won't take a paci so he comfort nurses frequently.


He's super strong and holds his head up like a champ. He shocked me the other day by rolling over from tummy to back at 3 weeks, 5 days. I'm not sure he will replicate the move anytime soon, but still wanted to document it here! He doesn't love tummy time on the play mat but tolerates it okay. He definitely prefers tummy time on someone's chest. In general, if he's not sleeping he only lets me put him down for a few minutes at a time. The Moby wrap is getting lots of use so that I can have my hands free once in a while! He's gone with me in the Moby wrap on lots of errands, a teacher appreciation luncheon at Jackson's school, and even a school field trip. As long as he's close to mom he's pretty much a happy baby. 

Like most babies, he's happiest in the morning. He's been thinking about smiling at me and I've gotten a few little fleeting half smiles already. Unfortunately, he generally starts getting cranky about the time Justin and the boys get home in the evenings, and by about 8:30 at night he is done and ready for bed. . When he's fussy and fighting sleep, his kryptonite is a swaddle blanket, white noise, and patting his bottom.
Check out the thigh rolls! I'm telling you, all that quality time with mom is paying off!

Here's all of our boys at 1 month. I still think he looks more like Jackson, but hard to say from this picture because Ben is a lot more filled out then Jackson was at this point. They definitely all have their own look!

Happy month day sweet Benjamin! We already can't imagine our family without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment