Thursday, September 17, 2015

38 Weeks!



How far along? 38 Weeks, 1 Day! 5 days or less to go! And only 1 day left at work! Eeek!

How big is baby? BabyCenter says about 19 1/2 inches long and about 6.8 pounds. I'm guessing more like 8 1/2 pounds (Jackson was born at 38 weeks, 2 days and weighed 8 lbs, 10 1/2 oz).

Best Moment this Week: Finishing my work to-do list! I will go in tomorrow to have a last meeting with my supervisor, set my out-of-office response and take care of a few last minute little things, but otherwise I'm in really good shape to be out for the next 8 or so weeks (plus another 4 weeks just part-time). 

Movement: Still moving quite a bit. Those stretches and punches and hiccups will be SO much cuter when he's in my arms though.  

Sleep: I love the advice from just about everyone at this point to "rest while you still can". Ha. Getting comfortable enough to sleep is really tough. If I find a position that is comfortable for my belly and back, my hips ache. The position that is most comfortable for my belly, back and hips means I can't breathe. And if I miraculously find a position that solves all issues, it doesn't last long because I'm up 4 times a night to go to pee. Sigh.

Food cravings/aversions: I feel sick to my stomach after most meals now, so nothing really. 

Gender: Boy! Benjamin Thomas.

Symptoms: Nesting set in big time over the weekend and we accomplished most of a huge to-do list. Suddenly I decided that our area rugs were absolutely filthy and I couldn't rest until they were cleaned. Cognitively I knew my thinking was irrational, but I couldn't stop thinking about it until it was done. 

Labor Signs: More symptoms indicating that things may be ramping up, but nothing definitive. I could go on like this up until the induction day, or go into labor tonight. We'll see! 

What I miss: Walking into a room without drawing attention to myself from strangers and getting looks of pity. 

On the to-do list: We are baby ready, but we just need to finish getting the house ready for the company that will come for the birth...cleaning bathrooms, making beds, etc.

What I am looking forward to: Tiny fingers, tiny toes, baby snuggles, sweet baby smell.... =)

Daddy is...maybe not quite as eager as I am for the big day to get here, but his to-do list at work is not quite as done as mine. He also doesn't experience the physical toll of the pregnancy in the same way, so it's impossible for him to be as eager as I am!

Jackson and Andrew are...ready to meet their brother! Andrew asks me multiple times a day "Andwew coming out soon???" I hope so, buddy!



No comments:

Post a Comment