Thursday, September 3, 2015

36 Weeks

36 Weeks, 1 Day

How far along? 36 Weeks, 1 Day! 20 days or less to go! And only 12 days left at work! Eeek!

How big is baby? BabyCenter says about 18 1/2 inches long and almost 6 pounds. I'm guessing more like 7 1/2 pounds.

Best Moment this Week: It's September! I can say "I'm having a baby THIS month!" And we officially set an induction date at my doctor's appointment last week. Psychologically it's a little easier now because all of that adds up to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Movement: Remember when those kicks and nudges were cute? Yeah, not so much anymore. He's so big now that most of his movements just hurt. He can't twitch without feeling like a vital organ is being impaled. 

Sleep: Yeah, sleep is getting harder and definitely less restful.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing really in particular.

Gender: Boy! Benjamin Thomas.

Symptoms: Just huge. My belly is the prime topic of conversation among friends and strangers alike.

Labor Signs: Same contractions I've been having for months now. Besides that, nothing. I think I'm still carrying pretty high.

What I miss: Being able to make any definitive plans. We could have a week left or almost three so it's hard to commit to anything. 

On the to-do list: This is the weekend we plan to get baby ready! We will set up his little crib, get the last of the clothes washed and put away and get a few last minute supplies we need. And watch Aggie Football. Whoop!

What I am looking forward to: Having Benjamin as an outside baby! It's getting close!

Daddy is...busy wrapping things up at work. 

Jackson and Andrew are...signed up for their sibling tour at the hospital next week. All of their teachers tell us that they talk about Benjamin regularly. Let's hope they are both just as excited when he actually arrives as their are right now!





No comments:

Post a Comment