Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sidewalk Chalk Paint

Looking for a fun and easy summer activity to do with your little ones? Look no further!

A few Saturdays ago, we had run all of our errands in the morning and had an hour or so after naps before Justin and I had plans to go out that night. The boys were driving us crazy rough-housing and getting on each others' nerves inside. I said "Quick! We need an activity!" Not surprisingly, Justin looked at me blankly, but my good friend Pinterest didn't let me down!

I remembered a simple sidewalk chalk paint recipe that I had pinned a while back but never tried. We had all the supplies on hand and the boys were happy to help me whip up the recipe.

All you need is equal parts cornstarch and water and some food coloring. I think I used about a cup and a half of cornstarch, mixed it in a bowl with the cup and a half of water, and then poured the plain white "paint" into muffin tins. Easy peasy!

Then, the boys helped me choose the colors and we even made it a little educational as we mixed the colors asking questions like "what happens when I mix the red and blue together?" 


And then the fun part!



Actually, I think maybe they liked the clean-up just as much!

We have plans to kick this activity up a notch with a slight variation to make it squirtable and ERUPTING sidewalk chalk paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment