Friday, June 26, 2015

[Healthy] Cravings

Admittedly, most of my pregnancy cravings aren't exactly, ahem, healthy.

But this salad, oh my goodness, this salad is amazing. I've been keeping a jar of this homemade dressing (recipe below) and spinach stocked in my fridge for whenever the craving hits. 

2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons minced onion (or more, the marinated onions are the best part!)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Just whisk those ingredients together then pour in a jar or container of some sort. Shake well before serving and then spoon over your salad (the dressing is pretty thin so it coats well and is very flavorful so you don't need much). I've been adding some sliced strawberries, blueberries if we have some, and praline pecans and it is the perfect summer salad. Bonus if we have some leftover grilled chicken I can toss on top and make it a meal. If I wasn't preggers, some feta cheese would be divine. 







1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I craved hamburgers with every kid - which I think was really just an excuse to eat hamburgers. :)

    ReplyDelete