Saturday, June 27, 2015

26 Weeks




How far along? 26 weeks and 3 days -- hello 3rd trimester! We've reached the double digit countdown, with less than 90 days to go. Since the last time I posted, we've reached that all important age of viability. If Ben were to decide to come now, he would have a greater than 80% chance of survival. Of course we want him to stay in there for quite a while longer.

How big is baby? BabyCenter says about 14 inches about 1 lb, 10 oz. I'm guessing bigger.

Best moment this week: It wasn't this week, but since the last time I posted....on Jackson's birthday he got to feel Benjamin kick for the first time. His little face lit up and he was just so excited.

Movement: Lots of movement still, but I can tell that he's getting more cramped in there because his movements are less described as ricocheting off my internal organs and more like discernible body parts passing by. He's big enough now that we can see him moving.

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well except when I wake up with a leg cramp that sends me hopping out of bed to walk it off.

Food cravings/aversions: See previous post. Also, lots of heartburn this time around, no matter what I eat. Tums are my friend.

Gender: Boy! Benjamin Thomas!

Symptoms: The hot flashes have started. I realized when I looked back at my 26 week blog post when pregnant with Andrew that I made the same comment. I can be sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden start sweating profusely and then 5 minutes later be fine again. Guests at the New Student Conferences have started asking when I'm due so I am very obviously pregnant now.

What I miss: Comfortably wearing my rings. I think I've just about reached the end for my wedding/engagement rings. Sometimes I can still get them on, but my hands swell throughout the day and are very hard to get off. My Aggie ring I can move to my left hand since it's a little smaller so it may hang in there a while longer.

What I am looking forward to: A long weekend this weekend for the 4th of July! Woohoo for a little break!

On the to-do list: Lots of things but doubtful that any of it will get done in the next three weeks. Most likely our to-do list will be put off for August when my work schedule settles down a little bit.

Daddy is...rocking his single dad gig. He makes it look easy (though I know it's definitely not).

Jackson and Andrew...give my belly so many sweet rubs and kisses. Andrew likes to come and talk to Ben and pokes at my funny belly button. They both comment that "Benjamin is getting bigger!"  

26 weeks with each boy

No comments:

Post a Comment