Thursday, May 14, 2015

20 Weeks and it's a....

BOY! 

There were lots of feelings upon learning this news. I never envisioned myself to be an exclusive "Boy Mom". But raising little gentlemen is a big responsibility...Lord knows we need more good men in this world, and apparently that's what we've been called to do. 

How far along? 20 Weeks and 1 day

How big is baby? About 10 inches (head to heel) and based on measurements Monday at 19 weeks, 5 days, he was about 12 ounces (average is 10 ounces for a 20 weeker). He's growing right on track. Specifically, his leg length is measuring perfectly average, his head is a week behind (Jackson and Andrew have both always measured in the lower 50% for their head size), but his belly is a week ahead. He must take after mom in that regard. =) 


Best moment this week: Seeing a wiggly, perfectly healthy baby on the ultrasound. And reaching the halfway point! Wahoo!

Looks like he's got mom's chin too!

Movement: Yes, definitely but this guy seems to be a bit less active than Andrew was at this point. Maybe a little more chill like Jackson. I think I felt hiccups tonight. I've felt a few kicks strong enough to feel on the outside but he always stops when Justin puts his hand on my belly.

Sleep: Sleeping like a log. The leg cramps have begun though, so that's fun.

Food cravings/aversions: None really. I'm pretty boring.

Gender: Undeniably boy! The picture below is actually the first thing we saw when the sonographer placed the wand on my belly for the ultrasound. There wasn't even any suspense.


Symptoms: Bending at the waist is becoming quite uncomfortable, though still technically doable. My belly button is getting pretty deformed looking and getting ready to pop out.

What I miss: Rolling over without effort.

What I am looking forward to: Getting a little time off on Memorial Day weekend.

On the to-do list: Survive the start of New Student Conferences next week! Wish me luck! Oh yeah, and I guess we need to figure out a name for this boy...

Daddy is...excited about buying a minivan. No seriously, he's done a ton of research and I think is actually kind of pumped about that upcoming purchase. =D

Jackson is...a bit disappointed he's not getting a sister, but he bounced back pretty quickly. This is the picture I posted on Facebook with the gender announcement.

What I didn't post were the outtakes. Let's just say Jackson wasn't really feeling it.

Andrew is...totally indifferent. But it it pretty cute hearing him say "brudder baby".



No comments:

Post a Comment