Tuesday, April 21, 2015

16 Week Update



How far along? 16 weeks, 6 days

How big is baby? About 5 inches (crown to rump) and a whopping five ounces.

Best moment this week: Feeling more flutters and nudges! 

Movement: Yes, definitely. Began feeling some definitive movement during the 15th week. Now I'm feeling baby move a couple of times a day, still only when I'm very still and usually laying down.

Sleep: I miss all of the naps on the cruise but doing ok. Still definitely going to bed earlier than I did pre-pregnancy since I am a night owl by nature, but I'm making it to 10:00 most nights.

Food cravings/aversions: No real aversions at this point. Dairy has moved WAY up on the list of cravings in the last couple of weeks. Milk, yogurt, string cheese, ice cream are all winners currently. Baby's bone calcification is revving up so this makes complete sense.

Gender: TBA May 11. Still feeling girl, but we'll see. 

Symptoms: The nausea seemed to finally dissipate when we were on the cruise. I think the nausea was closely tied to fatigue so while I was getting plenty of rest and lots of naps it was much better. I've weaned off my prescription anti-nausea medicine from 3 pills a day to 1 and doing ok. I will probably be completely off of it by next week. New symptoms are just feeling the effects of a growing belly--shortness of breath, bending at the waist getting uncomfortable, etc. I have a short torso so space gets pretty tight quickly.

What I miss: Picking up the boys. I still do it when I have to but trying to do it less and less. 

What I am looking forward to: 19 days and counting until the big gender reveal!

On the to-do list: Hmmm we are kind of at a standstill baby-wise until we know the gender. 

Daddy is.... glad he is not cooking every meal AND doing the dishes. 

Jackson is...excited to talk about all the ways he will help when he's the "biggest" brother. Except changing stinky diapers. Anything else he is willing to do though, particularly if it involves bossing Andrew around in some way. He asked Daddy to record the baby's heartbeat at our appointment last week, so here it is, thumping away at 158 BPM.

Andrew is...officially moved into a big boy bed in Jackson's room! Full blog post on that development coming soon.

Finally, here's the comparison shot you've been waiting for...

No comments:

Post a Comment