Monday, March 30, 2015

Baby #3 13 Week Update

I had planned to start these at 12 weeks but at that point I was still barely making it to 9:00 pm. So here we go...!
Photo taken at 13 weeks...the abs gave up early this time around!
How far along? 13 weeks, 5 days

How big is baby? About 3.25 inches and a whopping one ounce.

Best moment this week: Getting to see our little one again on ultrasound. 
Can you see her/him waving at you? Hello, internets!

Movement: Maybe felt some flutters this week when I was laying on my belly? 

Sleep: I will still pick a nap over almost any other activity but I can finally stay up until at least 10:00 again. Getting a little energy back. 

Food cravings/aversions: Aversions have been on more of a day to day basis this time, which makes meal-planning a week out really tough. We have eaten out more than we should, but sometimes I just can't stomach the thought of whatever it is we had planned. I had a very odd week-long aversion to peanut butter at one point but it's definitely back in the rotation. Salty things seem to take the edge off the nausea better than anything else.

Gender: Unknown. But my mom put in her guess....she declared GIRL while I was with them over Spring Break. She is very rarely wrong (like, I don't remember the last time she was wrong). We will find out definitively on May 11.

Symptoms: This time the nausea seems to have outlasted the overwhelming fatigue...which is opposite of my first two pregnancies. So while I have a little more energy I'm still feeling pretty icky, especially in the afternoons and evenings.

What I miss: Brushing my teeth without gagging. Every.single.time. 

What I am looking forward to: Feeling this little one move (and knowing for sure it's not just gas) =)

On the to-do list: Move Andrew into Jackson's room! Both boys are very excited about the move. Andrew's bedding came in and he was so excited that it matches Jackson's. Now we just have to get the actual bed.

Daddy is.... very ready for me to start feeling better. Though I have to say I have been dramatically less worthless over the last week (hopefully he agrees). 

Jackson is...still insistent it's a girl. He's told his whole class he's having a baby sister. I saw another mom at a birthday party this weekend and she said "you're having a girl right?" because apparently that is what her son said Jackson said. =) Every time he talks about the baby (which is often) he says "My baby sister...." We remind him that the baby could be another brother, an idea he pretty much refuses to acknowledge.

Andrew is...two. He is actually now a month older than Jackson was when he was born and I have a hard time wrapping my head around that. Now, they are very different children but he is giving us a run for our money these days. I'm very glad baby is not coming for another 6 months! I remember how different Jackson was by 3 compared to 2 1/2 and praying that's the case for Andrew too.

Comparisons are fun, right? Here's the side-by-side of 12-13 weeks with each pregnancy. Otherwise known as "wait, you're only how far along?"

No comments:

Post a Comment