Thursday, January 8, 2015

What we've been up to

Going back to work after 16 days off is hard. Really hard. So outside of work, we've been taking it pretty easy this week as we try to readjust to the real world. But we were super productive during our last few days of the break--there was a lengthy to-do list and I'm proud to say we accomplished almost all of it--so I feel like we've earned a few nights of sitting on the couch and doing nothing. 

One of our to-do list items was to do some power cooking to fill our freezer with weeknight meals ready for the crockpot. During part of one nap time, we managed to prep 10 meals and already enjoyed one of them this week. It's wonderful to get home and just have to make some rice, throw together a salad and sit down to dinner. For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, here's what we made for our first exclusively crock-pot-ready power cooking session (we doubled each recipe and divided into two bags giving us 10 meals from 5 recipes):

Beef & Broccoli 
White Chicken Chili
Chicken Cacciatore
Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken

Last Saturday when we were soaking up the last precious days of our break, I had the early morning shift with the boys and decided it was a donut day. Smile for donuts!

Also on the to-do list was to get my car inspected and the oil changed. When you are 4 and 2, is there anything more fascinating than a car wash?

Another to-do list item was to make the photo collages and frame the photo mats we took to Disney World and had the characters sign. Thanks Pinterest!

So now we have a Disney wall in the playroom!



And just to show that we keep it real here on the blog, here is what the rest of the playroom looked like when I took these pictures!


Finally, I've put a dent into my New Years reading. I got a few books off my wish list for Christmas and had checked out a few from the library. I've already read The Book Thief, The Last Summer of You and Me and Eleanor and Park. So if I'm not blogging, it's likely because I've moved on to All the Light we Cannot See. =)

2 comments:

  1. All the Light We Cannot See is on my hold list from the library! Happy new year! Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ash! I had been on my libary's All the Light We Cannot See list since September! I checked in December before adding it to my wish list and I was still like, #16 on the waitlist. Hopefully your name comes up on the list soon! =)

      Delete