Tuesday, August 5, 2014

They Like It! They Really Like It!

Is anyone out there as crazy as I am about avocados? Especially during the summer? We can't get enough around here but my boys are kind of meh about them.

Last week we were needing an easy dinner and had an extra ripe avocado that needed to be eaten. I remembered pinning this recipe quite a while back and decided to try it.

Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes

Oh my gosh...RUN...don't walk...RUN to grab the ingredients to make this. You probably already have most of the ingredients on hand. It was sooooo good and everyone loved it! I more or less stuck to the recipe but swapped Campari tomatoes for Romas because that's what I had on hand (and have never heard of Camparis). I also omitted the pine nuts because I didn't have any. 

Jackson saw it on his plate and said "EWWWW GREEN WORMS! GROSS!" Finally he tried a little and declared that it was "DELICIOUS!" and went on to eat three helpings.



Andrew gobbled it up without hesitation, and shared a little with Elmo too.


You're Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment