Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Ducks Fly Together!

I don't write about my work very much, mostly because this is a family blog and my 14 or so readers don't care much about what I do for a living. 

But nonetheless, my career and being a working mom is a huge part of my personal identity and there are often intersections of my work and family life. At no time is this more evident than during the summer months. I work in orientation, so when pretty much everyone else on campus is enjoying a little downtime, my team is at our peak welcoming every new undergraduate student to Texas A&M. This year we had 19 basically 3-day conferences during which we saw 12,000 students and more than 15,000 family members. It's a lot, y'all! It is kind of all consuming for the 7 week period while this is happening. I spend more waking hours with my work family during these weeks than I do with my actual family. Good thing I like them so much!

Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better group of people. They make what could be a very daunting task FUN and so rewarding. So as we wrap up our summer, I must thank Emily, Erin, Libby, Meg, Ryan, Nathan, Jane Marie, Sarah, Shaq, Holly, Diana and Jamie for an AWESOME summer.

Jackson thinks "mommy's work friends" are pretty fun too!

I would be remiss here if I didn't also thank my wonderful hubby for keeping the home fire burning while I am working so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment