Tuesday, July 8, 2014

4th of July

Before Andrew's whole split lip thing, we really were having a great 4th of July long weekend in Nacogdoches!

My other siblings all had other plans for the the 4th, so it was just us at my parents' house. I missed seeing my sibs and the boys definitely missed their cousins, but it was a nice treat having Grammy and Pop all to ourselves! We did lots of fun things, starting with a morning on the boat on Friday.



I'm not sure why we hadn't tried it yet, but I thought that Jackson would enjoy riding the tube this year. Oh, I wish you could have heard his giggles! He LOVED it. I think he would have tubed all day. And he liked to go fast and jump the waves!

The whole time that Jackson was on the tube, Andrew was pointing and saying "mine! mine!"

So then Andrew got his turn too!

We swam, we ate lunch on the boat and soaked up the sunshine. It was a great morning!


After great naps for everyone, we ate some dinner and got ready to go into town for the fireworks show. Thanks to silly Pop, I was actually able to snap a good picture of the boys in their matching patriotic attire!

Waiting for the fireworks is the hardest thing about the 4th of July, isn't it? While we waited, we sang every patriotic song we could think of, with Jackson calling out his requests.




Our small-town fireworks show lasted under 10 minutes, but it was still definitely worth the wait!

Happy 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment